Saturday, July 21, 2012

July 21, 2012


Bittersweet day: the last swim meet of the summer.
Divisionals were kind to the Phillips family this year.

Seth got 12th place for freestyle and 11th for Backstroke.
(I don't think there is a need to point out that there were only 12 and 11 kids in the events.
Also, no need to point out the backstroke took him a whopping 1:57.28 and 
I swear he was moving an inch at a time!)

Magdalena got 11th place for her backstroke.

Ethan had a tiny issue with freestyle...no goggles- so he swam it with his eyes closed.
Let me just tell you it was memorable.  I think that was the only time I told him to keep his head up for freestyle EVER!  

And as you can tell from his wonderful picture, he was the only able to pull off the Phillips Family 
Heat Ribbon Challenge.   On the way to the meet Clay promised a small Lego Set to anyone who got a heat ribbon.  I guess Ethan couldn't resist a new Lego set.
The winning time 39.32, a record best for Ethan!
(42.07 was his fastest time before today.)

Way to go Magdalena, Ethan and Seth, 
we are so proud of you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment