Saturday, July 7, 2012

June 7, 2012

We wanted to go canoeing last summer, but we never made it.
We were originally going to go tomorrow, but the forecast called for scattered thunderstorms, so we went today instead.  Even though the temperature was in triple digits, it was the perfect day.

We drove to Shenandoah River Outfitters in Lurray, VA.  
It was a great time, once we figured out that Magdalena and I could not paddle in the same boat.  I spent the first part of the trip being yelled at by my 11 yo that I was doing it wrong.  I ended up in my own canoe for awhile after that and realized it was definitely easier to do it by myself- no wonder Clay wants a kayak!  Most of the trip I spent with Seth in my canoe and Maggie and Ethan joined us every now and then.  Seth just kept wanting to jump in the river and had a grand time just floating in his life vest while the other three caught up to us.

It was a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment